Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ikea Love! And The Three Brothers

Yes, I am referencing Harry Potter...more on that later. First, let me give you a look at what we scored at Ikea today (before I left my bag among some lamps and had a heart attack...thank goodness a staff member found it and took it to lost and found!)


Here's a lamp we found in the as-is section for just $10! That's a $30 savings. Woot! We took forever finding the $10 shade (wherein I left my purse as I walked off to find an outlet to try said-awesome-cheapo-lamp to make sure it worked). when we came home, my boyfriend had the BRILLIANT idea of putting fake flowers in it (actually, I thought of putting ribbon flowers in it first, but shh! Don't tell him that). 


We had these in the closet because they're kind of awkwardly shaped. A pair of wire cutters later we had a few beautiful sprigs to stuff up the glass lamps open bottom and voila! A beautiful piece of artwork. I think. :)


And it has a dimmer on it! Love!


I've been spending a lot of time in my sewing room this week. The family I nanny for went on vacation so I had time to have my doctor's appointments, grad school errands and crafting. Yay! I made a couple things, but I'll show those later in the week when I can take decent pictures. Anyhow, I cleaned the room (you couldn't see the floor!) and thought I'd show you a couple new things in the room.


I got this great little cube ottoman at Target on sale for $17, which I am going to use when studying...I can kick my feet up and store my books when I'm not using them.


(Sorry for the wonkiness, I wanted to hide a messy area) My embroidery station with a little inspiration...


Love John Lennon! I've had Dig A Pony stuck in my head for days.



I got these three vases at Ikea...the big one was $10, the medium one $2, and the small one for $3. I love how it holds all my messy spools and buttons in a beautiful way, and I can find things easily.


Here's the sewing corner! There's Jel's finished organizer (FINALLY!!) that I can send this week, along with the "Third Brother"...my new serger! Got it wicked cheap on Amazon and I am LOVING it! :)


I love you baby brother! Now I just need to learn how to use the other stitches. I love how professional and fast the projects turn out.


I also made some hair pieces. I picked up some fall colors. This one is a hair clip.


And this is obviously a headband. I'll be adding these to Etsy soon.


What are you crafting this week?


1 comment:

  1. Awesome sewing space! You have so much room! and I love the flowers in the vase!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I love to hear feedback!