Wednesday, June 26, 2013

PERFECT Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Nut Butter Cookies


Sorry for the potato of a picture...I was too busy gobbling up these delicious cookies (for dinner, no less!) to reach for the SLR. I've been on my Endo Diet for about a 5 weeks now, and I've done pretty well sticking to it. No gluten, dairy, soy, chocolate, sugar, caffeine, or alcohol. I typically eat fruit if I get a sweet tooth, but tonight...fruit just wasn't cutting it! So I whipped up these tasty treats with what I had in my pantry, expecting them to be pretty boring and unsatisfying. Low and behold...they're amazing! Here's the recipe. 

Perfect Organic Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Nut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups gluten-free oatmeal
3 tbs gluten-free flour (almond, coconut)
1 cup nut butter of your choosing (watch out for soy if you have endo!)
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw honey
1-2 tbs agave nectar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 375*. Prepare two baking sheets with non-stick spray, or a thin layer of coconut oil. Run the oatmeal through your food processor for about 2 minutes, pulsing occasionally to ensure all oats are processed. This should look like a rough powder, not as fine as flour, but as fine as you can get it. Toss in the flour, salt, and baking soda. Pulse to combine evenly. Set aside. 
Combine the coconut oil, nut butter, and honey in a large bowl, and mix on medium speed until creamy and well incorporated. Add the egg, agave, and vanilla, and mix on medium until smooth.  
Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, mixing on low-medium speed. When finished, the dough should be soft, but moldable. Use an ice cream scoop to portion out 12 cookies, evenly spaced on two baking sheets. Bake for 13 minutes, rotating for even cooking. 
Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before devouring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I love to hear feedback!