Sunday, February 20, 2011

Welcoming a New Brother!


I finally received my new Brother SE400 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine! It only took two and a half months to get in stock, and a week of sitting in my apartment for me to open it. It was quite an ordeal to get, but luckily, in the end, I was able to order it through Joann Fabrics for just $318, when it was originally priced at $599. Their customer service department heard a lot from me about crazy mark-up, bad policies, but in the end, they gave me what I wanted and honored not only a sale price, but a price match. Word to the wise....order through Amazon. It's cheaper, faster, and a lot less stressful.

Anyhoo, here it is! And today I went to Joann Fabrics for embroidery thread and ribbon. I wanted to stock up for any kind of project, and I already have a couple more taggy blanket projects in mind. I'm really excited to start embroidering names and other personalizations on gifts and products for my store.


It was a little pricey, but I was able to get a whole rainbow selection of embroidery thread and ribbon, so I can be as creative as I want without going back to the store. I even purchased some thread (the fat rolls) of multi-colors that will create some pretty patterns. I am really excited to use it, once I get the time. My job is going well, but I am very, very busy. And sore....luckily my back has been able to get through the days, but my hips get very sore. I guess the injection is a good idea.

And now, I'm going to curl up with the operation manual and see if I can figure out how to use my fancy new machine. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you that you have a new machine. Tha's frustrating that it took so long though. I love all the colors and can't wait to see the embroidery you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are enjoying it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I love to hear feedback!