Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Little Decorating


The decorating has begun! This weekend we focused on pictures and things that need to be hung on the wall. We ordered some prints for free on Snapfish, which was a great value, although I also ordered some larger pictures, so those were not free. But still not bad, and we were able to pick them up at Walgreens. My favorite area so far is the side table that will be next to where the new chair will go in the sewing room. It is the Disney Table...I am a big lover of stuffed animals, but never know what to do with them when I get them home. I like that these guys have a place to stay now that makes sense, albeit cutesy. I do love cutesy sometimes.


This collection is above where the chair will go and includes photos from my hometown. The shadow box was made by my mom, and is a 3D image of a painting that I love that belonged to my great-grandma. It deserves a special place. :)


We installed shelves above the tv to put all my frames and a few other decorative pieces. I kind of want more shelves, but all in good time.



Here's the upper stairway...just more frames. What have you been working on this weekend?

And that's all for now. I have finally caught the cold that I seem to have been able to avoid for the last two weeks. Not fun. Horrible sore throat and achy weakness. Hopefully it will go away soon, because I really don't want to have to stay home from work. I've been doing well, besides the days I needed for my back. We'll see. Have a great week, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! That was so fast. This weekend I worked on reworking a bench. Hopefully it doesn't rain today so I can paint it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I love to hear feedback!