Friday, July 23, 2010

A Pain in the Bum


Here she is! My back was feeling well enough today for me to finish up my rainbow kitty and I'm pretty proud of how she turned out. I was playing around with options for her face and I had these circular scraps...I  was going to try them for whiskers, but then they were sitting near her nose and I had a stroke of genius...I don't know what you would call those...her nose or mouth? But I've seen cats drawn that way and it looked pretty cute. I also added a little tongue too. What do you think? I already have an order for a custom mini version of her, which I sold through my fame sale this evening. The fame was pretty successful. I sold another Ruby 'Roo, as well as a custom blanket order. So it was well worth my 30 minutes of 25% off!

Also today, I confirmed my interview for part time kindergarten. I've got to freshen up a little on my curriculum knowledge before then...I'll be busy this next week and a half studying for that and sewing my custom orders I got tonight. But it will be well worth the effort. I'm hoping that my back will be able to handle this much activity...so far, today my lower back is feeling better, although I'm getting pain in my bum, down the back of my legs, wrapping around my foot. I had done this before, a while ago, and the physical therapist said it was an irritated nerve, but not to worry. That's easy for him to say, he doesn't have a sharp pain in his bum and legs! In any case, it's annoying and can be painful, but at least my lower back is better. I'd rather have leg pain than pain with sitting.

Tomorrow will be another busy day, hopefully the back will handle it. I'm going to see Hanson in concert with a college friend...we're also doing a one mile walk for AIDS awareness beforehand. Walking is fine, it is actually when I'm most comfortable, so I think that will do ok. Now what to wear....I'm thinking either my ruffle jean skirt or my blue floral skirt. But with white sneakers...you know...for the arch support. :)

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! If it's hot where you are, stay cool! And if it's cold (for those on the other side of the globe) stay warm!

3 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting! I love to hear feedback!