Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hemming Capris to City Shorts


This was a quick weekend project, and I apologize for the low picture quality, but I had to take them using my phone...in my bathroom mirror. I bought these capri pants yesterday using a $20 coupon of my boyfriend's. I bought them not because I like capris but because I have a really difficult time finding pants, and especially shorts, that fit. My biggest problem is that because of my hormone therapy, I have the body of a woman who has already been through menopause. Now, I don't mean this to be an insult to women who have been through menopause, but typically clothing made for my age and style do not take into account a pooch. A pooch that couldn't even get rid of while I was doing tons of ab work when I was in physical therapy. It is what it is, and probably won't go away even after I am off the pills and lose the weight. Once it's there, I think it will be there. Who knows, but in the meantime, it makes buying pants difficult because anything that fits in the butt/thigh is too tight in the waist, and anything that fits in the waist is about 5 sizes too big on the bottom. So it is exciting, and rare, that I find a pair of pants I like. Even rarer to find shorts. So...I figured I'd make pants into shorts...city shorts, to be specific! I took the length from a pair of city shorts I bought at Talbots Outlet that actually fit everywhere! A slight tightness in the waist, but good enough. Anyhow...here's how the hemmed pants turned out!


Now, instead of high-watered capris, I have a much more flattering (according to Stacey and Clinton of What Not to Wear) pair of jean city shorts! What do you think? I have to say the top picture is not taken from the same vantage point, so you don't get the full length comparison, but I think you get the gist. I did forget to fold the hem twice, so I'll have to get some seam finisher or else deal with the fraying, but for a cheap pair of shorts, I'm not going to worry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I love to hear feedback!