Friday, June 11, 2010

Just some thoughts

I was walking to the train today on my way home and my back started tweaking. With every step I could feel a click on my right side. My first thought was, "How am I going to walk the 2 miles I need to walk in order to get home?" I was really tempted to hail a cab, which would most likely cost me over $30...something I probably should not be doing. Knowing that I just spent $60 on my month's worth of train rides, I decided to walk through the pain, get some exercise and save some money.

On a side note, I found my new favorite snack place, Berry Line. They sell frozen yogurt with rotating flavors and tons of delicious toppings! They use natural ingredients, and the frozen yogurt isn't the super sweet, almost ice cream kind...you can really taste the sourness of the yogurt. Also, the fruit they add on top is fresh and yummy! I suggest anyone in the Boston area go find one of their stores and give them a try! http://www.berryline.com/content/home

Back to my walk...I was thinking as I started my second mile how hard it is for me to finish just one mile on a treadmill, but I can do 3 miles if I have a destination. It feels much easier to walk for longer periods when I know there's an endpoint. It gives me motivation...I can see my apartment building up ahead and I know I just have a walk a little bit more. But whenever I walk on the treadmill, I give up. I guess a little of that has to do with necessity, but it reminds me why sewing has become such an exciting thing for me. I put a lot of work into it, but there's an endpoint. A very real, useful, tangible product of my work. It motivates me to get up and get going.

I got two rejection notices for teaching positions yesterday. Even though they're just two of the 26 I have on this particular job site, they're just glaring at me, saying, "Not good enough." I know that's a really crummy attitude to have, but I can't help it. The worst part is, they don't even let you take the jobs that didn't hire you off your page. So I have this whole list of possible jobs that I've submitted or am being reviewed for, then those two "NOT HIRED." I wish they would just take them off the list. Keep things positive. :)

That's all for now. I'm cooking up ideas for things to make next...I want to try to make some stuffed animals or blankets for babies that I could maybe sell on Etsy....we'll see. First, I have to learn to replace the needle so I can hem my boyfriend's jeans and make myself a jean skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I love to hear feedback!